Sunday, February 12, 2006

Why I am running for Town Meeting

This form of government requires participation. It needs a broad mix of individuals to commit time, effort and diligence to the process of guiding the town. I am willing and able to make those commitments and I would like to be a part of that process.

I have ideas and skills that I believe can benefit Town Meeting and Amherst. This blog is one such idea. Finding new ways to engage people in the local political process – to make them aware and interested – is vital. Blogs are a simple technology that could add a rich new dimension to how voters stay informed about, interact with and participate in town government.

This is the sort of fresh perspective I will bring to Town Meeting if you elect me.

And whether or not I am elected, I hope more Town Meeting members will consider creating blogs. Giving those you represent a concrete sense of your views, and allowing comments and input from them for an open dialog, is the kind of refreshing change that many Amherst voters would appreciate. Information, openness, accountability – what’s not to like?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!